none
Create Policy For Control USB

Question

• Hi ,

I Want to Create Policy That User Can Copy File From PC To USB Flash Memory But Can Not Copy From USB Flash Memory To PC.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 4:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    As far as I know, there is no such built-in group policy for such action. And in my opinion, it’s not practically possible because if someone can read it, he/she can also copy it. Even if you control the machine/computer, they can still capture the photos of the screen.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 2:38 AM
  • Hi,
    As far as I know, there is no such built-in group policy for such action. And in my opinion, it’s not practically possible because if someone can read it, he/she can also copy it. Even if you control the machine/computer, they can still capture the photos of the screen.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Hi,

in group policy management editor when enable deny write access everythings is ok (i can read flash memory  and i can not copy it) but when enable deny read access i expect can copy to flash but can not read it, in the other words  can not copy from flash to pc, but this does not happen. and in this case do not have access  flash.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 6:40 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, you are right, and it is just what I have said in the reply, there is no such policy to make both sides of your request be completed simultaneously.

Best regards,

Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 20, 2017 9:24 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Monday, January 23, 2017 9:59 AM