Call transfer not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have a Lync Server + Trixbox installation working, expect a few features.

When i try to transfer a call using Lync Attendant, i get an error stating that "could not place call on hold" -- even though i hear nice music on the phone. :)

I've used snooper to parse the logs, and i think this is the erorr: 

SIP/2.0 491 Gateway side reinvite failed, pass result to Proxy.

ms-endpoint-location-data: NetworkScope;ms-media-location-type=intranet

ms-diagnostics: 10014;source="LyncFE.senior.seniorsoftware.ro";reason="An internal exception received while processing the incoming request";component="MediationServer"

ms-diagnostics-public: 10014;reason="An internal exception received while processing the incoming request";component="MediationServer"

Session-Expires: 1800;refresher=uac

I've tried to look to asterisk sip packets, and it looks like asterisk is aware of the transfer and it plays the on-hold music -- so some communication from Lync->Asterisk work ok.

What's wrong, and how do i fix it?

thanks.

Monday, November 29, 2010 9:55 PM

All replies

• Catalin,

Have you tried to disable refer support on the trunk to the tri-box in the Lync Server Control Panel?

Hope this helps!

-kp

Kevin Peters blog: www.ocsguy.com MVP Communications Server, MCITP: Enterprise Administration | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    • Proposed as answer by Zomby-1 Monday, January 31, 2011 6:02 PM
    Monday, November 29, 2010 10:49 PM
  • that kinda did it.

i disabled refer support on that trunk, and i can transfer incomming calls.

but i get the same message when i try to hold an incomming call, i can hold a call if i dial out.

any ideas?

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 9:30 AM
  • Hi Catalin,

I got Trixbox Lync setup working for call on hold and transfer. Make sure:

1-disable REFER support

2- on the asterisk / trixbox trunk to Lync add the following for the codecs support:

disallow=all

allow=alaw

allow=ulaw

allow=G.711

i am using this configuration with trixbox 2.8.0.3.

Regars,

Rony

• Proposed as answer by RonyZ Wednesday, December 8, 2010 1:11 PM
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 1:11 PM
  • I had found this page using google, after I had figured out why the call transfer doesn't work with Asterisk and Lync. The strange is that Lync sends the REFER SIP message to Asterisk, but the target number is not sent to asterisk.

Unchecking "Enable refer support" in Lync Control Panel/Voice Routing/Trunk Configuration solves the issue. If you are in hurry restart Lync Server Mediation service after committing.

In this way when you transfer a call the Lync Mediation Server sends normal invite messages to Asterisk.

Monday, January 31, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Thank you wery much, Peter. Disabling SIP refer solved my so long term problem!
    MCITP: EA, EMA, VA; MCSA
    Monday, March 14, 2011 5:04 PM
  • I have some new ralated issued. The calls from Asterisk to Lync can be transferred to different Lync Ext or to Exchnage UM, but I have Audiocodes MP Voice gateway. Transfer to it fails.

How can i fix it?

MCITP: EA, EMA, VA; MCSA
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 12:48 PM