none
Step by Step MIM 2016 installation? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is happy to share their step by step MIM installation. I don't mind any of the version at this time as i just need to get one working. i have tried multiple documents online including doc.microsoft.com and i still cant get it to work. It all looks like there is always something missing in every documentation i have used.

i've had tried rebuilding my dev environment 12 times but i still cant get it to work. I'm not sure if its is permission issues or the steps i am following is wrong but the major hurdle has always been MIM portal which end prematurely. There are some Sharepoint steps not mentioned in Microsoft's documentation but exist is some blogs for previous installations.I'm not sure if that has changed or the documentation is not complete.

i'll really appreciate your help if anyone can share their own documentation on how to install MIM.

Saturday, December 15, 2018 3:05 AM

All replies

• The installation failing can be a number of problems.  Troubleshoot the problem by running msiexec /i "Service and Portal.msi" /L*v "c:\temp\portalinstall.log" and reviewing the portalinstall.log file.  Search the file for error is a good way to start.  If you get stuck you can paste contents of the file in the forum.

Best,

Jeff Ingalls

Saturday, December 15, 2018 2:46 PM