exporting all items from a site to csv for inventory purposes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello -

I have a SharePoint site where I can view the inventory from All Site Contents.   Is there a way to get a listing of all folders/documents/sites/etc exported to csv?  

thanks

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi XRS.

You could write a PowerShell script that loops through each sub-web of the select web site: within each web site, the script will loop through each folder of each document library and write information about the contents of that folder to a CSV file (the files in a document library must be saved somewhere else, of course).
    You could search fo some examples or starting point in the TechNet Gallery.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 3:12 PM
  • Hi XRS.

You could write a PowerShell script that loops through each sub-web of the select web site: within each web site, the script will loop through each folder of each document library and write the contents of that folder to a CSV file.
    You could search fo some examples or starting point in the TechNet Gallery.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Yep, that's what I'm trying to do.   I'm going to have to tweak this a bit since its not returning much info.

$site = Get-SPSite http://intranet

$WebDetails= $site | Get-SPWeb -limit all | select title, url, lastitemmodifieddate

#dump the results out in a CSV file
    $WebDetails| ConvertTo-CSV > F:\farminfo.csv

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 3:37 PM
  • Hi XRS,

Have you solved your issue? After doing changes, can you get more information?

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, November 15, 2018 2:02 AM
  • Hi XRS,

Below blog will help you to start, good example to export list to CSV

http://www.sharepointdiary.com/2013/04/export-sharepoint-list-items-to-csv-using-powershell.html

Regards

Prasad Tandel

Thursday, November 15, 2018 1:31 PM