none
Add-on for IE10 to open a frame in a new window RRS feed

• Question

• Is there an add-on for IE10 which allows me to open a frame in a new window? It's similar to the built in "this frame, open frame in new tab" right click option in Firefox. 
    Monday, August 12, 2013 9:11 AM

Answers

• Is there an add-on for IE10 which allows me to open a frame in a new window?

There was one in the IE5 Web Accessories.   I don't know what its status would be now.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198045/en-us

Note that that was created before IFrame existed, so I doubt that it would work with them, in any case.   Even F6, Shift-F6 navigation doesn't work with them.   But I think being able to open IFrame in separate windows could be a useful option.

Heh.   I was going to try checking with Developer Tools what you might be able to do with it instead but I'm on IE11 on W7sp1 and its DT is broken.   Maybe I'll take another look when I'm on W8.1.    ; )

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:01 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my knowledge, there is no such feature or add-on for IE to implement what you would like.

Thank you very much for your post here, we will submit such good feature requirement to Microsoft product team hope we can get this done in the future.

Kate Li

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:34 AM
  • Thanks! I suspected as much but wanted confirmation on it. =)
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:55 AM
  • Is there an add-on for IE10 which allows me to open a frame in a new window?

There was one in the IE5 Web Accessories.   I don't know what its status would be now.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198045/en-us

Note that that was created before IFrame existed, so I doubt that it would work with them, in any case.   Even F6, Shift-F6 navigation doesn't work with them.   But I think being able to open IFrame in separate windows could be a useful option.

Heh.   I was going to try checking with Developer Tools what you might be able to do with it instead but I'm on IE11 on W7sp1 and its DT is broken.   Maybe I'll take another look when I'm on W8.1.    ; )

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:01 PM
    Answerer