Never used my Windows Vista Software with actual box... RRS feed

• Question

• As title says, I bought a copy of Windows Vista Home Basic "Upgrade Edition" from Best Buy, back in late 2007. But instead of going through with installation, I just bought a new computer that had Vista already pre-installed. So I put that  aside, and completely forgot I had it. Since I cant return this to Best Buy, is there a way I can return it to Microsoft for SOME kind of credit? I paid $99 for it. The Best Buy price tag is still on it. And I'm on Windows 7 now, (2 PCs later,) so I know I'm not gonna ever use it.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:31 AM

Answers

• Sorry, but there are no refunds/credits available for old software.  Microsoft does not even sell Windows Vista anymore.
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:00 AM
  • Hi,

You can sell it to a second person who is running Windows Vista Home Basic and would like to upgrade to further edition.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:13 AM

All replies

• Sorry, but there are no refunds/credits available for old software.  Microsoft does not even sell Windows Vista anymore.
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:00 AM
  • Hi,

You can sell it to a second person who is running Windows Vista Home Basic and would like to upgrade to further edition.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:13 AM
  • How Much do you want for it emailme@ pushermanfan@yahoo.com

Saturday, December 3, 2011 7:02 PM