Microsoft Product: Windows Operating System; Version: 6.1.7600.16385; Event ID: 6008; Event Source: EventLog; RRS feed

• Question

• when i am doing something and it screen suddenly turn black and computer shut it self
    Sunday, April 8, 2012 7:56 PM

Answers

• The error indicates that you encountered an unexpected shutdown. I suspect that you have hardware problems. What task were you doing before shutdown?

Check your power supply. Also disable any overclocking from BIOS.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, April 13, 2012 7:39 AM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:34 AM

All replies

• There are a number of possible causes, are you doing something particular when this happens?

Also, do you have any files being created in C:\Windows\Minidump?
    Sunday, April 8, 2012 8:41 PM
  • Hi,

That is correct as per Mike, there are number of possible causes you can get this event.

Do check if there is any minidump file created in C:\Windows folder.

For more information refer this KB's http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326564 ; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950323

Sanket. J Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, April 9, 2012 3:13 AM
  • i was using java and using windos media play

i cound not find the minidump file in the windows file

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:20 PM
  • i was using java and using windos media play

i cound not find the minidump file in the windows file

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:23 PM
  • The error indicates that you encountered an unexpected shutdown. I suspect that you have hardware problems. What task were you doing before shutdown?

Check your power supply. Also disable any overclocking from BIOS.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, April 13, 2012 7:39 AM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:34 AM
  • Hi,

I've got the same problem while I was playing Fifa 14 with a Thrustmaster Dual Analog 3 Gamecontroller.

What can I do about this problem? It has occurred some times before as well - and by now, I have no idea how to solve it.

Please give me an advice quickly.

Thank you very much

Mic

Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:26 AM