My Windows Explorer's library folder does not display anything RRS feed

• Question

• When I open Windows explorer on my Dell Inspiron Windows 7, the Libraries tab does not display any content. Before, Documents, Pictures, and Music, (along with other things) would pop up once clicking on the libraries tab. Now it says there are zero items in the library. However, when I go to network, and click on users, my items are there on my personalized tab. I am afraid that my computer might be deleting these files or has a virus. Could you tell me how to fix this or if it is even fixable?

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:14 AM

Answers

• Hi Egoms,

Please try the following methods to solve this issue:

Method 1: Restore default libraries.

1. Right-click and delete each library, for example Documents, Music and Pictures etc.
    2. Right-click Libraries in Windows Explorer's left pane and click on Restore default libraries.
    3. Re-add any custom library locations.

Method 2: Run SFC Scan

System File Checker (SFC) scan can troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on your computer. For your information.

1. Type cmd in the Start, and right-click the Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator in the below of screen.
    2. Type sfc /scannow, and  press Enter.

Method 3: Use system restore to undo recent system changes.

System Restore can return your PC's system files and programs to a time when everything was working fine, potentially preventing hours of troubleshooting headaches. It won't affect your documents, pictures, or other data. As for how to use System Restore, please review this article System Restore:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:38 AM

All replies

• When do you create a new profile and login from new user, you get same issue?

OR when you login using a different ID?

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:52 AM
  • Hi Egoms,

Please try the following methods to solve this issue:

Method 1: Restore default libraries.

1. Right-click and delete each library, for example Documents, Music and Pictures etc.
    2. Right-click Libraries in Windows Explorer's left pane and click on Restore default libraries.
    3. Re-add any custom library locations.

Method 2: Run SFC Scan

System File Checker (SFC) scan can troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on your computer. For your information.

1. Type cmd in the Start, and right-click the Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator in the below of screen.
    2. Type sfc /scannow, and  press Enter.

Method 3: Use system restore to undo recent system changes.

System Restore can return your PC's system files and programs to a time when everything was working fine, potentially preventing hours of troubleshooting headaches. It won't affect your documents, pictures, or other data. As for how to use System Restore, please review this article System Restore:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:38 AM