Request Offerings - Display Object Where Relationship Doesn't Exist RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a requirement to only display configuration items in a Request Offering where a relationship doesn't exist between it and another configuration item already selected by the user in the Request Offering.  I can configure the request offering to show me only those items where the relationship does exist, but don't seem to be able to do the reverse.

I tried configuring the prompt so that the criteria is:

AND Is Related to Configuration Item [Object] Display Name does not contain Token: User Display Name

However this doesn't return any results at all.

What I'm trying to do is put together a Service Request to effectively add a user to a group, however I don't want to display groups that the user is already a member of.

Has anyone else got this working or have any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

Thursday, April 3, 2014 10:28 AM

All replies

• Service manager doesn't store group membership information by default, but it's a pretty easy thing to model with a class extension and a workflow, using the authoring tool.

you'll need to create a custom relationship between AD Group and AD group or user that describes group membership, then use AD powershell and SMLets to populate this relationship. I recently had to do this for a client in order to do group expansion for automatic reassignment or work items. 

The problem you will run into is sub-membership. i.e. if you a member of A, and A is a member of B, you won't have a way to exclude B from the list. 

Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:07 PM
  • Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the suggestion, though I'm not sure I follow.  I'm using a combination class for the criteria that contains a type projection for 'Is Related to Configuration Item' and the User object is related to the group(s).  So I already have that part.  What I can't wrap my head around is only displaying groups (SM Object) in the Request Offering that the user doesn't already have a relationship with.  So the portal user can't select a group where the relationship already exists between that group SM object and the user SM object already selected as part of the Request Offering.

Thanks,

Tim

Friday, April 4, 2014 11:03 AM