none
Error code: 0xd0000072 cannot switch from local account to Microsoft account

Question

• I bought a new laptop and it arrived yesterday. It runs Windows 8.1

I tried to log into my microsoft account, but it kept coming up with the error code 0xd0000072 and said it wasn;t able to switch from my local account to my microsoft account.

After googling it, I tried different options, such as flushing out the proxy even though I don't run on proxy, I disabled McAfee to make sure it wasn't the firewall, I signed into live and removed all trusted devices, I tried downloading the troubleshooter,which told me my problem was that I didn't have a Microsoft account - super helpful.

Nothing seems to be working.

I then went on to trying to make a new microsoft account, but the error code still came up after all that hassle too.  

I eventually called it a night and decided I could probably just get by without it, however, when I tried to download software to install my printer, it wouldn't let me because I cannot seem to log in to my Microsoft account. 

Can anyone help?

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 11:04 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can try the solution from the below link

https://www.wiknix.com/microsoft-error-0xd00000720xd000005e-in-windows-8-1/

If you find this helpful, kindly mark as answer. If you have any queries, please post back as a reply. Will look forward to your feedback. Thanking You Soumyajyoti Biswas

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 11:14 AM