How to know who is the protected document owner RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way allow user to identify the AD RMS protected document owner so that user knows whom he/she supposes to ask for more right?

Jason

Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can set this information when manually using option "Restricted Access" and "Users can request additional permissions from"

Users can request additional permissions from

In other cases you can try to view the author of the document in its properties, but there is no out of the box feature that will tell you who is the owner.

Did my post help you or make you laugh? Don't forget to click the Helpful vote :) If I answered your question please mark my post as an Answer.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 2:11 PM
  • Thanks.

this question is for the scenario that  AKAPL@predica.iam want to know who he should ask for additional document rights after receiving this Read only document for a long period of time. 

Jason

Friday, September 5, 2014 2:31 AM
  • Either you can check who is the author of the document in properties (but this may be misleading) or you can use setting feature as described above. In the second case, if AKAPL wants to request additional permissions, he will be notified (a new email message will be opened) that PSZPL is the one who should be asked for.

Did my post help you or make you laugh? Don't forget to click the Helpful vote :) If I answered your question please mark my post as an Answer.

Saturday, September 13, 2014 1:24 PM