none
How to Export Some Local Security Settings RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there a way to export some of the Local Security Policies?  We have some non-networked machines so centralized GPO is out and we are creating a base-line but we also want to apply some settings for older machines without over-writing everything that's there.

So maybe I want to export a few settings under User Rights Management without exporting my entire list of settings.  Is that possible?

Friday, January 18, 2019 5:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting your query here.

1. we can use UI to export user right assignment. Click Start -> Run, type “secpol.msc”, to open the Security Policy tool.

2. we can also use command "Secedit" to achieve that.

Please check this :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/secedit-export

3. I have tested and their results will be displayed in different format. we can check this for explanation.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 21, 2019 3:50 AM
  • Thank you.  I did see the option to export to a txt, but the import only allows for the import of an inf file at the highest level.  Is there a way to use the txt file that exporting user rights creates?
    Monday, January 21, 2019 5:04 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your replying.

Sorry that i do not fully understand what is your demand. Would you please share more details?

I did see the option to export to a txt, but the import only allows for the import of an inf file at the highest level.  Is there a way to use the txt file that exporting user rights creates?

Do you want export or import?

I have tested the both method,  the export results are displayed in TXT format.

Best regards,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 10:16 AM
  • Hello,

I would like to export the settings from a section, like user rights, and then import those settings into a few dozen other computers that we'd like to apply those settings to.  None of the computers will be networked, they are all standalone.

Thanks,

• Edited by NDoyle Wednesday, January 23, 2019 4:44 PM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2019 4:44 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your replying.

Based on my knowledge and test, we cannot import only the user right assignment to other computers. we can import the whole security settings to other computers.

Best regards,

Thursday, January 24, 2019 8:18 AM