none
Problem with Word on surface pro 3 and PEN RRS feed

• Question

• Problem with Word on surface pro3 and PEN. After recent update of OFFICE 365, the  word document template has a DRAW button and if the pen touches the word documents, lines are drawn. There is no way to disable the draw feature of the pen.

It is a nuisance that I cannot get rid off and it spoils my documents

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 2:41 PM

All replies

• Same here,

In my opinion a major F***up

Can't use my pen to 'mouse' through my docs and sheets now :-(

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:24 PM
  • Hi everyone,

Please see the response from Dan Parish on After the latest Office update PowerPoint get locked in ink mode. To sum up, the behavior is intentional, but the team is open to feedback.

If you feel strongly, you might also consider voicing your opinion on the Office UserVoice sites, which the teams review regularly and use to prioritize requests. The benefit of doing this is that other people can vote on a suggestion and lend it weight. In fact, there are actually a few threads that others have initiated, which you can vote and comment on.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 10:56 PM
  • FIX the problem with the surface pen

Excel is not for drawing I PAY a lot of money for the surface pro 4 and I pay every month for the office 365 and I demand that you FIX this ASAP 

Do you ever work with your products or you use A.....

FIX IT ASAP 

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 6:42 AM
  • I agree 100%.  I used Excel EVERY SINGLE DAY for work, AND NOT FOR DOODLING.  And I use a Wacom Stylus Pad in place of a mouse, which has now does nothing but doodle on everything.  Basically Microsoft Office is worthless for me now, I have to plug in a mouse that slows me down and hurts my hand.
    Thursday, February 25, 2016 12:36 PM
  • Am I the only one, but every now and again the Pen will write about 4 cm away from where it is touching the Word document. But then works fine when for example touching teh Start Menu or the (damned) Ribbon. Not only is it annoying that it now doodles rather works as a mouse but even when I do want to mark up it can't get that right.
    Wednesday, March 9, 2016 4:33 AM
  • Hi everyone,

Thank you again for all your feedback and patience as we work on the fixes for the ink mode feature. Good news! Our engineering team is now rolling out the changes to enable the pen to function like it did before to Office Insiders and should soon be available to all.

For more information, please see latest post from Dan Parish on 3/15 in this thread: After the latest Office update PowerPoint get locked in ink mode

Lastly, If you want to see features and fixes like this earlier and help us make Office better by giving us feedback, consider joining the Insider Program.

Thanks,

Anahita

Anahita Bahrami

Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:24 AM
  • Hi everyone,

The new update is being rolled out. Please see the latest post from Dan Parish on 4/8 here.

Thank you,

Anahita Bahrami

Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:54 AM