In Windows Phone 10 Office doesn't recognize my Office 365 for business account information. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows Phone 10, Lumia 550 phone.

On it there is the default set of Office apps (Word, PowerPoint, etc).

I have 3 accounts active on the phone:

- a Private old "hotmail" account. This is the account I used to start my Window's phone.

- a Office 365 for business work account (sufficient to fully use Office apps). I added this account later.

- a Yahoo account for some of my mail. I added this account later.

When I open Word or any of the other Office apps my name appears in the top right and I can see that my hotmail and my work account are linked to the Office App.

However, when I open a document/file using the app it shows a yellow line at the top stating:

"If you want to edit and save, a Office 365 subscription is needed"

Giving me the options to ignore, or download office 365, the second option goes to a pay site where I am given the option to purchase Office for home... 

But I already have an account!  How can I tell my devise to use the account information on the work account?

Thanks for any help,

Erik

Thursday, February 4, 2016 3:52 PM

All replies

• This had me puzzled as well - I was in the same situation.

I downloaded the Word etc. apps from the MS store and it all came to life. (I think the version built in to Windows Phone 10 may be cut-down versions.) The store says they contain in-app purchases, but I have not seen any. Maybe the store version suggests you should buy an Office 365 subscription if you don't have one.

Monday, March 7, 2016 9:04 PM