Struggling with KNX ETS5 / Path errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Community,

I've to struggle with a specific application that I can't get fully to work with APP-V.

Software Name: KNX ETS 5 Professional

https://www.knx.org/knx-en/software/ets/Backup-ETS5/ETS5-professional/index.php

(Download needs a KNX Account, therefore I provide the setup binary over my Dropbox Account)

Download binary:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hapcm9siecugmwt/ETS5%20v5.5.3.zip?dl=0

Problem description:

I can sequence the linked application without any problems. Problem starts if I want to import Catalog files which contains all the hardware informations for a specific project. This software without a working catalog is absolutely useless.

Example 1:

If I download some catalog files from this source and try to import the files in the ETS5 Software (Catalogs --> Import) during the sequencing process it works and I can sucessfull save the package.

If I start the software on the client I get the following error:

Could not find a part of the path. What does this mean?

If I look inside the package the File BABB_MC10.dll exists under that path.

Example 2:

If I save the package without importing any catalog files, the ETS5 Software starts on the client. If I then want to use the import function I get a similar error:

Again, Could not find a part of the path. I did check that the DeviceConfigurationConverter.dll exist inside the package.

In this case I've used this catalog files.

Does somebody have an assumption what the reasons for this kind of errors could be?

Feel free to try it out. I'm thankful for every help.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Monday, April 24, 2017 4:39 PM

Answers

• Hello Community,

I was able to find a solution to get the package to work. I did run a procmon session from inside the package and discovered a lot of path errors where the "Catalog Files" are located.

Inside the ETS5 Application it was possible to set an alternative path where the catalog files should be stored. 

I've tried it out and did resequence the package and import all the necessary files to the alternative path. I could successfull save the package and on the client side the software starts and all the catalog files are available now.

I'll mark this thread as resolved now,

Thanks 

• Marked as answer by JFreak85 Wednesday, April 26, 2017 8:37 AM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 8:37 AM