MS Word Feature Request - Load and save Document Groups RRS feed

• Question

• I am an author. Many times I want to have the book I am working on displayed in one window (using print layout) and a second window open with my story notes (web layout). It would be nice to be able to save the set so that I can quickly bring up both documents and preserve window layout and text magnification. I can do this manually but it would be so nice to have this done automatically when I load or save a 'document group'. I've included a picture of what this looks like for me.
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 12:48 AM

All replies

• Hi abeery,

In my opinion, you can use side by side option in Word. Please refer this support article and check if this will help you:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/view-and-compare-documents-side-by-side-52445547-7c07-475b-bb1d-22a98175ef04

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance. 

I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 23, 2018 8:03 AM
  • Sadly this does not do the same thing... I want one side in web layout and the other in print layout. Also does not seem to allow me to load and save the document group.
    Friday, February 23, 2018 11:40 AM