Jump List Anomaly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I have a quick question about the jump lists feature and Windows Media player..
    IE8 and explorer jump lists work fine and i can see all my frequently used goodies..

With Media Player,it does not seem to want to list any mp3's or WMA files i open..
    The options i get are resume previous list and play all music..

As a test i opened a couple of files with a .mov extension and these showed up as frequenly used on the jump list,it just seems to be a problem with mp3 files and wma files..

I've searched the forums for an answer,but found nothing.

diddy
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 12:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,thanks for replying..
    It seems to be working if i open media player and select a track from the library of songs within media player..

If i use explorer to open an mp3 file,then it doesn't appear on the media player jump list when i play it..

Not sure if that is intended or not.
    :)

• Marked as answer by diddymouse Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:04 PM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

I am wondering if you check the item "Save recently used to the Jumplist instead of frequently used" by clicking Organize==>Player, if it is the case, the Jumplist will lists recently played files but not frequently played files. BTW, please also verify that you checked Music box under the "Store and display a list of recent/frequently played" item by clicking Privacy tab.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Dale Qiao

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:21 AM
  • Hi,thanks for replying..
    It seems to be working if i open media player and select a track from the library of songs within media player..

If i use explorer to open an mp3 file,then it doesn't appear on the media player jump list when i play it..

Not sure if that is intended or not.
    :)

• Marked as answer by diddymouse Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:04 PM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:04 PM
  • I am also experiencing this since last week. The Windows Media Player icon on the taskbar does not show recent or frequent items in its jump list. All I get is "Resume previous playlist" and "Play all music". I get the same options when I pin the Windows Media Player to start menu and access the jump list from there.

I have made sure that History options in Privacy tab are selected properly. I have also tried clearing the history and caches. I have tried changing recent/frequent items option in Player settings, but no avail. I also tried removing the WMP icon from taskbar, and adding again.

For me, it works neither from Windows Explorer, nor from inside WMP library. I am not sure if it has something to do with file associations, but WMP is my default media player and most of the files open with WMP.

All other jump lists are working fine, by the way.

Upon searching, I found two sites reporting this problem. One is below;
    http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/9259-right-click-jump-list-not-working.html

and the other is this one. But till now, I didn't find a resolution to this problem.
    Monday, August 24, 2009 7:07 PM