Anyone successfully sequence Sap Gui 7.20 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone been able to successfully sequence Sap Gui 7.20 ?

I am not able to get it to work with or without the 7.10 recipe.
    Just wondering if anyone has successfully sequence sap gui 7.20

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 10:54 AM

Answers

• As far as I know it isnt a file association problem, even when I run SapStart.exe with its /Sal="%1" parameter it loads and shutsdown right after.

PARAMETERS="/Sal="%SFT_MNT%\SAPDBA72.v01\VFS\CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES\SAP\SapSetup\setup\SAL\SapLogon.s8l"" FILENAME="SAPDBA72.v01\VFS\CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES\SAP\SapSetup\setup\SapStart.exe"

Edit:
    When I sequence SapGui 7.10 it works perfectly, but 7.20 wont start up.

Edit2:
    I have found the reason why its not working:
    vc9_redist_x86.msi
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:51 PM

All replies

• What specific problems are you having? It doesn't look like there is a receipe specifically for 7.2
    This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 11:54 AM
  • During monitoring and lauch stage SapGui runs fine.
    But after saving the sequence, reverting vmware snapshot and opening the sequence for upgrade as a test. Sapgui just shutsdown as soon as its loaded. Same happens during standalone file streaming test. Sequence loads and shutsdown right after.

I will have to investigate it more thoroughly but thought I'd ask if anyone has encountered any new issues.

SapStart.log ends with:
    Could not start ShellExecuteEx on Q:\SAPBDA72.v01\SAPFrontEnd\sapgui\saplogon.exe
    Ending here.

No errors in sftlog.txt.

Seems to be a problem with the shortcut, but havent figured out why it isnt working.

Changing OSD to start cmd.exe and with parameter *.sal and change type to console doesnt help any, or I am doing it wrong.
    .sal extension changed to .s8l ?
    (%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\SAP\SapSetup\setup\SAL\SapLogon.s8l)

7.10 recipe I used:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appvgeneralsequencing/thread/d55fe4b6-580b-4c7b-b54d-b4289eb5216a

Will investigate further when I have more time to waste.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:22 PM
  • Hello,

Do you have some associated with the file-extension .s8l?
    /Znack
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:25 PM
  • As far as I know it isnt a file association problem, even when I run SapStart.exe with its /Sal="%1" parameter it loads and shutsdown right after.

PARAMETERS="/Sal="%SFT_MNT%\SAPDBA72.v01\VFS\CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES\SAP\SapSetup\setup\SAL\SapLogon.s8l"" FILENAME="SAPDBA72.v01\VFS\CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES\SAP\SapSetup\setup\SapStart.exe"

Edit:
    When I sequence SapGui 7.10 it works perfectly, but 7.20 wont start up.

Edit2:
    I have found the reason why its not working:
    vc9_redist_x86.msi
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Hi.

Please, can you explain, does I have to install vc9_redist_x86.msi during sequencing ?

thanks.

Jerome

Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:43 PM
  • VC9 or Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package is a requirement of the App-V 4.6 client - I would install this to both your sequencing machine before sequencing and deploy it to your clients instead of attempting to sequence it.
    This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:17 PM
  • The vc9_redist_x86.msi provided on the install cd (..\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\System\) and installed as a prerequisite during the SapGui 7.20 install is the reason my sequence isnt working.

As soon as I install the vc9_redist_x86.msi on my test machine (locally), everthing works.

Maybe the redistributable installed as prerequisite for the 4.5.2 sequencer is interfering with the redist. for Sap. 
    Perhaps the best solution is to install it locally on every client, as Aaron Parker mentioned in his reply.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:26 PM
  • Hi

ok, thank you for your answers.

Actually, it doesn't work without a vc redist. I do not install this version, because the target server is a citrix Server.

So It works when vc redist is intalled. (To be more precise, I was able to launch the program. I'm waiting for test=

And If I can, I have another question. What's the different ways to make run Interactive Excel

Because I'm on a server W2k8 with AppV 4.6 Sp1 (Package published by SMB)

I do not have any Office install on the server. But Office 2010 in APPV

Excel is launch, but does not see the SAPGUi PAckage. I know I can sequence again Excel in SAP. But I think there is other solutions.

Thanks.

Jerome

Friday, March 18, 2011 3:06 PM
  • Test Dynamic Suite Compostition (DSC) with Office using SAP as the primary package; however this scenario most likely won't work as DSC is intended for connecting add-ons, plug-ins or middleware support for a primary package. You may have to sequencing Excel inside your SAP packaage.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:08 AM
  • Hi, and Thanks Aaron. I was late to answer but in travel.

Ok. I try to add dependencies tag in my package. But does not work. Does I have to install something for DSC ? And does it work in standalone mode for RDS (with SMB protocol) ?

(To resolve, for now, I sequence Excel within But I'm looking for a better solution)

Jerome

Friday, March 25, 2011 10:06 AM
  • See here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc843662.aspx and http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=DAA898DF-455F-438A-AA2A-421F05894098

DSC is intended to support plugins, add-ons and middleware. Using DSC to add something as complex as Excel may work but it isnt guaranteed

Friday, March 25, 2011 11:19 AM
  • I've posted my steps here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appvgeneralsequencing/thread/a9fbe7e9-ce7b-484e-93e3-3780f989cf8c

You can give it a try. I got both SAP 7.20 and BEX Analyzer working.

-Chone

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:57 PM