Documents in My Site not been crawled and indexed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

the issue is that in the search results, documents or elements that live inside a "My Site" are not being retrieved as results. Even for the owner of the site collection.

I have checked and the setting for the search for the site collection (in the Search and Offline Settings) is active.

Moreover we crawl both sps3://URI and https://URI of the web application of my site.

The search logs show that there is no error, but the crawler probably just skips the elements/documents.

The crawl account has full read on the web application of my site.

The CU installed is Juni 2015.

Any ideas are welcome!

Thanx in advance,

Ioannis

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 9:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Johnyg,

For the error message you provide, per my research, it can be caused by the use of multiple values flag on a site column doesn’t match the multiple values flag of the managed property. As an example, you may not permit multiple values on a site column, but your managed property does. Please check ULS log to see if you can find out which has the issue.

For more details, you can refer to the similar cases below:

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/113524/sp2013-full-crawl-error-the-content-processing-pipeline-failed-to-process-the

http://aghy.hu/sharepoint-2013-crawl-log-error-index-was-out-of-range.-must-be-non-negative-and-less-than-the-size-of-the-collection

Best regards,

Aaren liu

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by johnyg_ Friday, January 29, 2016 4:12 PM
    Friday, January 8, 2016 6:44 AM
  • Hello Aaren,

the Problem is solved.

I tracked the ULS for this error and checked something very strange:

"[Microsoft.CrawlerFlow-2d69348a-dd05-4af4-84a9-c19c4393e288] Microsoft.Ceres.ContentEngine.Processing.BuiltIn.AttributeMapperEvaluator+AttributeMapperProducer : Failed to map values to field Size"

Then checked the managed property for Size in the schema configuration and it was set "allow multiple values".

I have the option unchecked and then I did a full craw. The Documents were all there ;)

Thank you very much for the help!

Friday, January 29, 2016 4:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Johnyg,

From your description, the content from My Site are not searchable.

I have tested in my environment.

First I add a document in My Site. Then I search from both My Site and other sites, the document won’t show in search result.

Then I navigate to the root My Site URL: http://sp/mysitescol. Under site settings > Search and Offline Availability> check “Yes” for “Allow this site to appear in search results”.

After above, run Full Crawl.

When I search in My Site, the document displays directly. When I search in other sites, I need to use “Everything” in search box dropdown.

If you have done above steps, make sure the Content Source Type is SharePoint Sites.

Then check the Crawl Rules if you have add some rules that will filter out some content.

You can also try using another account with higher permission level as crawl account to compare the result.

If the issue still exists, as a workaround, you can add the root My Site URL as Result Source. For more details, you can refer to the link below:

http://www.sharepoint24x7.com/2014/10/01/article-customizing-sharepoint-2013-results-using-result-sources/

Best regards,                           

Aaren liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 7:16 AM
  • Hello Aaren,

thank you for the answer.

I checked all the points and also moved "My Site" Web Application to a separate Content Source. I had the flag for the Search and Offline Availabilityonly in the Site Collection of the user. I checked it on the root site as well.

I made a full crawl and at least now the crawler finds the elements/documents and tries to index them but I get the following error.

( Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index; ; SearchID = 7AD469CF-8C8E-4827-98B9-9B593AF7B2BD )

Any suggestions on that?

Thanx!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 9:21 AM
  • what does ULS logs say ? you can enable verbose for search errors only.

Thanks, Vinod

Thursday, January 7, 2016 6:01 PM
  • Hi Johnyg,

For the error message you provide, per my research, it can be caused by the use of multiple values flag on a site column doesn’t match the multiple values flag of the managed property. As an example, you may not permit multiple values on a site column, but your managed property does. Please check ULS log to see if you can find out which has the issue.

For more details, you can refer to the similar cases below:

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/113524/sp2013-full-crawl-error-the-content-processing-pipeline-failed-to-process-the

http://aghy.hu/sharepoint-2013-crawl-log-error-index-was-out-of-range.-must-be-non-negative-and-less-than-the-size-of-the-collection

Best regards,

Aaren liu

Friday, January 8, 2016 6:44 AM
  • Hello Aaren,

thank you for the reply.

I will try take a closer look to the issue also the the ULS.

The links that you provided address the issue based on a problematic managed property.

Unfortunately in our case ALL items in the  "My Site" Application appear this issue. Whether they are simple documents or tasks without additional columns of some kind.

Regards,

Ioannis

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 9:32 PM
  • Hello Aaren,

the Problem is solved.

I tracked the ULS for this error and checked something very strange:

"[Microsoft.CrawlerFlow-2d69348a-dd05-4af4-84a9-c19c4393e288] Microsoft.Ceres.ContentEngine.Processing.BuiltIn.AttributeMapperEvaluator+AttributeMapperProducer : Failed to map values to field Size"

Then checked the managed property for Size in the schema configuration and it was set "allow multiple values".

I have the option unchecked and then I did a full craw. The Documents were all there ;)

Thank you very much for the help!

Friday, January 29, 2016 4:12 PM
  • Hi Johnyg,

Appreciate your update and response. I am glad to hear that the problem has been fixed. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Aaren liu

Monday, February 1, 2016 1:25 AM