none
Configuration Failed: CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am installing Project Server as a Farm Administrator following the instructions from Technet "Log in with this account when you install SharePoint Server 2010 and Project Server 2010."

The same article also suggest that "This account must be a member of the local Administrators group on each application server in the farm." I added this Farm Administrator is a member of local administrators group on the App server as well as the Database server.

Does this Farm Administrator also need to be Domain Administrator? Otherwise, how will it be able to automatically give permissions to create database on the database server?

At the moment my configuration has failed with the following error: "An exception of type System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException was thrown. Addition exception information: CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'."

Should I install SharePoint 2010 and Project Server 2010  as a domain administrator or should I give Farm Administrator the domain administrator privileges?

Thank you for your input.

Friday, September 3, 2010 6:57 PM

Answers