Firefox hangs every time it is stopped in Windows 7 64 bit. RRS feed

• Question

• I have the latest installation of Firefox on my 64 bit laptop.  Firefox is still 32 bit and, while there is a 64 bit version, it is not stable and will not perform some functions nor support some 32 bit add ons.  The most irritating one, for me, is that Firefox visibly closes when stopped, but still remains running in the background, so that each time your try to run it, it says it is already running, necessitating using task manager to stop the process.  I tried using IE, but it has worse glitches and Chrome is not supported on many sites.  Anyone found a cure or workaround for this?
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 11:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This would be related to a plugin, I suggest you refer the following article to troubleshoot the problem:

Troubleshooting plugins

Basic Troubleshooting

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Since this issue is related to Firefox, it is recommended to contact the Firefox support for further help:

Firefox Support Home Page

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:54 AM
    Friday, September 9, 2011 7:23 AM