none
January 3, 2017, update for Project Pro 2016 (KB3141459) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was interested in this update because it announced: 

In Project Professional, you can now add the Locked field to a task view to facilitate closing tasks to update.

But when I try to install this update, I get the message: There are no product affected by this package installed on this sytem".

And of course I don't have the locked field available.

What I'm missing?

Saturday, January 28, 2017 12:02 PM

Answers

• Hello Robert,

only the Message isn't enough here to answer your Question.

In case you are using an 64-Bit Version of the P16-Client you need to download and install the 64Bit Version.

And please check if you are on an MSI-based Version to apply the Patch. There is a "How to deterine?" Link you can use and follow:

>>>>>

Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)

<<<<<

HTH, Stefan Schwarz

• Marked as answer by Robert6156 Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:44 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What version of Project do you have? Is it a MSI or Project Professional with an O365 subscription?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Sunday, January 29, 2017 8:44 AM
  • It is a classical MSI install

Thanks

Monday, January 30, 2017 11:32 AM
  • Hello Robert,

only the Message isn't enough here to answer your Question.

In case you are using an 64-Bit Version of the P16-Client you need to download and install the 64Bit Version.

And please check if you are on an MSI-based Version to apply the Patch. There is a "How to deterine?" Link you can use and follow:

>>>>>

Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)

<<<<<

HTH, Stefan Schwarz

• Marked as answer by Robert6156 Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:44 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:15 PM