none
recovery partition not working

Question

• have dell all in one desktop it came with windows 7 did upgrade to windows 10. now my recovery partition wont work dont have any of my previous backups nor can i do a factory restore. was wondering if there is a way of fixing it.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 11:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I wander to know what message occurred when your try to restore factory state, please tell us in detail.

In addition, please confirm with us that what you done during the upgrade, generally speaking, upgrade operation only aims at the system partition, and wouldn’t influence the recovery partition.

If you use some additional recovery software from Dell to help to lead the factory restore, please try to reinstall the latest version to check the issue.

Besides, I suggest to contact the Dell after-sales support for assistance, they may meet with some users have the similar issues like you.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 5:58 AM

All replies

• Dell Backup and Recovery

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Thursday, December 24, 2015 1:16 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I wander to know what message occurred when your try to restore factory state, please tell us in detail.

In addition, please confirm with us that what you done during the upgrade, generally speaking, upgrade operation only aims at the system partition, and wouldn’t influence the recovery partition.

If you use some additional recovery software from Dell to help to lead the factory restore, please try to reinstall the latest version to check the issue.

Besides, I suggest to contact the Dell after-sales support for assistance, they may meet with some users have the similar issues like you.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 5:58 AM