none
Data Protection Manager Error ID:270 and 370 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to connect to the installed Agent on my DC and i keep getting  the following error.  I am running System Center 2016 DPM

Data Protection Manager Error ID:270

Protection agent version: 5.0.322.0
    Error: Data Protection Manager Error ID: 270
    The agent operation failed on hqdc01.fccc.local because DPM could not communicate with the DPM protection agent. The computer may be protected by another DPM server, or the protection agent may have been uninstalled on the protected computer.
    If hqdc01.fccc.local is a workgroup server, the password for the DPM user account could have been changed or may have expired.
    Recommended action: Check the following to troubleshoot this issue: 
    1) If the agent is not installed on hqdc01.fccc.local, run DpmAgentInstaller.exe with this DPM computer as a parameter. For details, see the DPM Deployment Guide.
    2) To attach the computer correctly to this DPM server, run the SetDpmServer tool with the -Add option on the protected computer.
    3) If the computer is protected by another DPM server, or if the protection agent has been uninstalled, remove the protected data sources on this computer from active protection. Then, remove the entry of this computer from the Agents tab in the Management task area.
    4) If hqdc01.fccc.local is a workgroup server, run SetDpmServer with the -UpdatePassword flag on the protected computer and Update-NonDomainServerInfo.ps1 on the DPM server to update the password.
    5) If the DPM server and the protected computer are not in the same domain, ensure that there is a two-way trust setup between the two domains.
    If the computer is protected by another DPM server, or if the protection agent has been uninstalled, you can remove the record of the computer from this DPM server.
    Remove the record of the computer from this DPM server.

I have done all the steps in the troubleshooting

My DC server is on the same domain and they can talk to each other. I have ping them both and tested the DCOM and everything is good.  I had the server connected once but it was having trouble communicating so i uninstalled the agent and tried to reinstall it and ever since then i keep getting the 270 Error

When i go into the Event viewer I am getting 370 error

Agent operation failed. (ID: 370)
    The protection agent operation failed because it could not access the protection agent on "DC". "DC"l may be running DPM, or the DPM protection agent may have been installed by another DPM server. (ID: 302)

I was able install it on our other DC and it works fine 

Please any help i can get would be great

Friday, September 22, 2017 4:59 PM

All replies

• I don't know if this will help or if you already tried. On your Domain Controller start command prompt as Administrator and change directory to <system drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\bin

Run SetDpmServer.exe –dpmServerName "YourDpmServer-fqdn"

MCSE, MCSA, MS, MCP, MCTS, System Engineer

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:03 AM
  • 在父子域中,这样做解决不了问题,对于这样的问题我也很苦恼
    Friday, November 30, 2018 9:46 AM