.NET Framework 4.0 Problems RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Windows 7 32-bit. Within the last week, several of our users have started receiving the error message, "Setup has detected that the .NET Framework version 4 needs to be repaired. Do no restart your computer until Setup is complete." when they log into their computers. They let this run and restart, but the error message continues to show up everytime they log in.  I googled the error and found a Microsoft Cleanup Tool that was recommended for this error. However, now .NET 4.0 does not show up in the Add/Remove Programs or Updates. If I run .NET 4.0 Client Profile for Windows from the Microsoft website, I get the error that it's already installed. But if I run Windows Update on the system, it discovers that this needs to be installed (KB982670). I attempt to install it, but it fails with an error code of 643. We need this install in order to run our timesheet program. Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve these problems.  Thanks!

• Moved by Cleber Marques MSFT Sunday, November 20, 2011 10:03 AM (From:Microsoft Operations Framework -- MOF 4.0)
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:58 PM

All replies