Cannot sign in because the server version is incompatible with Skype for Business RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to access skype with my mail id where in its throwing the following error

"cannot sign in because the server version is incompatible with skype for business"

My fellow mates are able login to skype from my machine.

Can anyone help me here...??

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:28 AM

All replies

• https://www.technipages.com/lync-2013-fix-cannot-sign-in-because-the-server-version-is-incompatible-with-microsoft-lync-error

Sounds like your client isn't compatible with the server.  If that registry key doesn't work, let us know what version of the client and server you're running.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, January 24, 2018 1:44 AM
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 10:58 PM
  • Hi Bhargav Konda,

Agree with Anthony.

For this issue, please check the version of your SFB server and client.

As a supplement, I will share a document for your reference, it’s same to SFB server 2015
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204672.aspx

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:24 AM
    Wednesday, January 24, 2018 1:54 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update about this issue?

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:35 AM
    Monday, January 29, 2018 9:34 AM