smtp RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

why outloock 365 keeps asking me for smtp server password? how can I stop it?

Nora

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 12:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Nora,

Does Outlook keep asking for password when startup or during using? For example, when sending email or clicking shared folder?

Normally, it could be related with incorrect password cached in Credential Manager. To check this, please go to Control Panel > Credential Manager > Windows Credential. Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove if it was related with Outlook.

Based on my experience, this issue could also be related with third-party add-in. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe, press Enter. We can check if issue persists when running in safe mode.

If issue continues, I'd like to recommend you create a new profile to see if it works.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:13 AM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2019 3:19 AM
  • Hi Nora,

How is everything going on with this issue?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 31, 2019 7:33 AM