Can't change profile picture on lock screen. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a feeling that I need to be a admin to change this feature. I can't understand why. 
    Thursday, January 5, 2017 4:12 PM

All replies

• What process are you following to change your picture?

What is the exact error message?

Is your PC part of domain?

Administrators might limit this feature due to some company policies, you may contact you administrator, if this is the case. But you may change your own picture, for your own account, even if you are not administrator.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:39 AM
    Thursday, January 5, 2017 5:17 PM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, I found an article may relate to your problem, please refer to the link:

[Fix] Can’t Change Lock Screen Background Image and User Account Picture in Windows 8 and Later

http://www.askvg.com/fix-cant-change-lock-screen-background-and-user-account-picture-in-windows-8/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:39 AM
    Friday, January 6, 2017 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? How about the solution we have provided? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:39 AM