How to set up a mandatory profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble with Vista profiles, which suck to be honest. XP was so much simpler than this rubbish...

Anyways, mini-rant over :)

So, I have a bunch of managed labs, and when users log in, I need Vista to load a pre-configured profile, either from a network share or a folder on the local machine. The other problem I have is that this should *not* apply to Administrators. Administrators should just get the default local profile. Also, our domain does not use roaming profiles.

From what I've read, I probably want a super-mandatory profile or something like that. Basically, changes never get saved or anything. It just the combination of GPO settings and Vista's ____ permission issues has got me running around in circles, tearing my hair out.

I'd like to keep my hair... and my sanity...

Can someone please help?

I've read docs. I'm tired of reading docs. Actual help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Jessica

Friday, June 26, 2009 1:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Jessica,

The Windows Vista Setup forum is for general Windows Vista installation troubleshooting only. I'm afraid it is not a right place to post your mandatory profile related issue and please make sure to choose the appropriate Windows Vista forum before submitting an inquiry in the future. For your information, you might refer to the following article
    Create a mandatory user profile and then submit a new thread to Directory Services. Thanks for your time and understanding.

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, June 29, 2009 9:14 AM
    Friday, June 26, 2009 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Jessica,

The Windows Vista Setup forum is for general Windows Vista installation troubleshooting only. I'm afraid it is not a right place to post your mandatory profile related issue and please make sure to choose the appropriate Windows Vista forum before submitting an inquiry in the future. For your information, you might refer to the following article
    Create a mandatory user profile and then submit a new thread to Directory Services. Thanks for your time and understanding.

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, June 29, 2009 9:14 AM
    Friday, June 26, 2009 6:00 AM
  • Thanks for redirecting me to the right forum to use. I was having trouble trying to figure out where to post to :(
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:06 AM