Restore user data with usmt by sccm RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone. 

I need help  in configuring SCCM in restore stage for USMT. We are replacing old windows 7 computers with new windows 10 computers. And I am using SCCM to capture the user profile. I have successfully capture the user profile with the standard option for capture stage and copied the all the profiles to the network share. 
    I would like to  set up restore stage so, SCCM can automatically run the task sequence and restore all the user profile in the new computer. 
    The problem is, we are also changing the host-name in new computer. For example if the old computer host-name is HDCDDC025 , then we are assigning different host-name in the new windows 10 machine like HDCDDC125.  

So I would like to create a file or anything which can tell the SCCM to restore data in the new machine with this new host-name. For instance, 

1)HDCDDC025 (CAPTURE) --- HDCDDC125 (RETORE) 

2)HDCDDC035(CAPTURE)---HDCDDC135(RESTORE) 

Is it possible to create link like this? or is there any other way to doing the restore stage? Please help me out, any help would be appreciated. 

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 1:47 AM

All replies

• Not exactly following what you are asking. USMT doesn't care about the host name. Also, ConfigMgr doesn't really care about the host name either.

Since you used a file share to store the user data, there's nothing automatic whatsoever built in for the task sequence to choose which location to restore from. This will have to be something completely custom.

Are you using MDT?

How are you configuring the TS to store the data in the network share in the first place?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:09 PM
  • Hi,

Did you get this issue resolved now? If so, could you please share you solution with us? Thank you.

Regards,

Jimmy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, July 8, 2017 1:34 PM