none
Outlook 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Outlook 365 won't open in my Mac.  It used to be ok but it's been a week since it won't open.  I've tried the replies I've seen posted here with the same question (press Alt and click on the Outlook icon on the dock) but nothing happens....the icon just keeps bouncing up and down but won't continue opening.  

Im running MAC OS version 10.14.5 and the Microsoft Office installed is MS Office 11.

Would greatly appreciate any help/assistance.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In this case, a recent update could include a fix for the problem of not being able to start Outlook. Check for and install any available updates, even if you cannot open Outlook.

1. Open any Office application, such as Word or Excel.
    2. Go to Help.
    3. Click Check for Updates.
    4. Select Automatically Download and Install under "How would you like updates to be installed?"
    5. Click Check for Updates.

It is also suggested to rebuild the Outlook Database.

1. Quit all Microsoft Office applications.
    2. Hold down the Option key and then click the Outlook icon in the Dock to open the Microsoft Database Utility.
    3. Click the identity of the database you want to rebuild.
    4. Click Rebuild.
    5. Restart Outlook when the process is complete.

(Please note if you have a Microsoft Exchange account, rebuilding the database will delete any information not synced with the server. You might want to back up any Outlook data stored only on your computer before you rebuild the database.)

In addition, if the issue continues, you can also troubleshoot Office for Mac issues by completely uninstalling and reinstall.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 19, 2019 2:17 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 22, 2019 9:22 AM