Intranet to Internet Solution Request RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Techs,

I have a situation here which push me to find a quick and good solution, Let me explain my exact issue and the solution I'm thinking about:

Problem/Issue:

I'm working as an IT System Administrator for an International construction company. All our main offices and sites around the world are connected together through one network and domain. One of our sites is in Al Udied Air Base, Qatar. This site is in the middle of nowhere and because of the military restrictions getting an internet connection there with a good speed is impossible as we already tried to get all the connections types (ADSL, Broadband, Fiber, Microwave, Satellite, etc.) but no luck until now. A set of 35 employees working with broadband speed of 2 Mbps maximum and unstable 3G coverage.

The main problem is we have an internet based system (Website) connecting the whole departments operations in the company, and in that situation we can't connect to that system properly because of the internet is very slow.

The solution:

I thought about installing that system website on a local server inside the site so the users in the site can reach it locally over LAN connection. That server will be a sub server for the main one and it will be provided by the 2 Mbps internet line for replication or sync with the main server.

Any one tried that before? and over which environment we can do this process?

Is there is any issues in replication or delay in sync?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Monday, April 28, 2014 10:10 AM