Updates for products i don't have enabled are waiting approval?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i installed a NEW BLANK WSUS role on 2012R2, selected only the products i want updates to(particualrly, only office 2010 and 2013) yet when i check the console it says i have ~100 updates waiting for approval.

when i check the updates i find all office xp patches, WTH?!?.

i rechecked the products, ran the update cleaner and i still see them, what worries me if that these if these are only the no auto approved updates, then what the hell is wsus auto approving???(and downloading wastefully)

Monday, April 25, 2016 12:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Eliminateur,

>when i check the console it says i have ~100 updates waiting for approval.

Only approved updates can be downloaded by clients, after we sync updates from Internet, the updates are not approved, we need to right click the updates, and check "Approve for install", then the clients can download the needed updates.

> then what the hell is wsus auto approving

In Automatic Approvals, we can create customized rules, when we run the rule, all updates meet the rule will be automatically approved, this can provide us from approving them one by one.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 5:49 AM