PROBLEM WITH EXTERNAL TOSHIBA MK8032GAX HDD2D15 RRS feed

• Question

• HI ALL

I HAVE PROBELM WITH MY TOSHIBA EXTERNAL HARD DESK IT WAS WORKING GOOD

BUT NOW THERE IS PROBLEM IF I SEE THE MANAGEMENT CONSOLE IT IS THERE OK BUT WHEN I OPEN MY COMPUTER IT IS NO THERE

I HAVE FILES ON THIS EXTERNAL IT IS VEREY  IMPORTANT FOR ME I NEED HELP PLEASE

MY WINDOWS IS VISTA

MY LAPTOP IS HP 530

1.Does the external USB hard drive work in Safe Mode? NO 2.Does the external USB hard drive work on another known Windows XP computer? NO 3.Can you see the external USB hard drive in Device Manager? YES

Description
    That enable Windows to install the device driver, while the driver has encountered an error while trying to run it. The error code is 47.

Signature problem
    Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode
    Engineering: x86
    Device ID: USB \ VID_05E3 & PID_0702 & REV_0033
    The preparation of the public unique identifier for the category: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
    The error code for PnP: 0000002F
    Driver name: USBSTOR.SYS
    Driver version: 6.0.6002.18005
    Driver Date: 04-11-2009
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 4097

Additional information about the problem
    Warehouse ID: 588918916

THANK YOU ALL

• Edited by KARIM9377 Saturday, December 11, 2010 2:27 PM DATA
    Saturday, December 11, 2010 11:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to confirm that if it is the error message “Windows cannot use this hardware device because it has been prepared for "safe removal", but it has not been removed from the computer. (Code 47) To fix this problem, unplug this device from your computer and then plug it in again.” received.

If this is the case, this error code occurs only if you used the Safe Removal application to prepare the device for removal, or pressed a physical eject button.

You may refer to the following suggestions:

Please reconnect the device to your computer:

-----------------------------------
    1. Disconnect this device from the computer, and then connect it again;
    2. Make sure that the device is connected correctly to your computer, and then restart your computer. Click Start then Shut down, and then select Restart to restart the computer.

Please go to the device manager and uninstall any extra IDE ATA/ATPI controllers shown as installed on your computer:

1. Click on Start -Control Panel - Device Manager - click in the blank/white area - then VIEW from menu.

2. Check Show Hidden Devices.

3. Now check for ALL instances of the IDE ATA/ATPI controllers (expand to view). Check for any device which is now not connected physically in your computer but present in the list (IDE ATA/ATPI controllers are actually the hard disks, solid state devices or CD ROMS attached to the computer). Check if you find any devices with any exclamation or cross marks on them.

Make sure you do not uninstall any devices currently used by your computer.

4. If you find any, right click on that device and Uninstall. Make sure you do not uninstall any other device.

5. Click on APPLY/OK.

6. Reboot the computer.

This would refresh your entire setup for the current configuration.

More information:

Windows cannot use this hardware device because it has been prepared for "safe removal", but it has not been removed from the computer. (Code 47) (vista Home Premium

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 20, 2010 3:20 AM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:04 AM