can't do key mapping transfer to external phone number? RRS feed

• Question

• we have 5 key mappings set up on one of our auto attendants - four of which transfer to internal numbers (11 digits 1xxxxxxxxxx) and the last one is supposed to transfer out to a 1800 number (1800xxxxxxx) but that one fails saying "sorry i couldnt' transfer you to the extension."

how can we accomplish this?

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:59 PM

Answers

• It's not a limitation in UM. UM actually can do this with a IP Gareway with PSTN Connection. Having a seperate Dial Plan.

This si a limitation with Lync. But i can assist you with a workaround. Follow below steps.

1.Create a User in AD

2. Enable the user fro Lync with Enterprise Voice

3. Enable UM for that user and chane the Key mapping to transfer to the user.

4. Login from the user to Lync client. Make sure the call is getting transfer to the user from AA. set the call forwarding to the 1800xxxxxxx number and logout the user.

This will work. but only down side is that you need to create users and enable them for Lync and UM every time u have this requirement.

Thamara.

• Marked as answer by Wes Wes Wes Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:20 AM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:10 AM

All replies

• can you dial a 1800 number from lync client?

Does this apply:
    http://ucmadeeasy.wordpress.com/2010/08/29/exchange-um-auto-attendant-key-mappings-not-transferring-calls-after-sp1/

do you have a dialplan problem?

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:14 AM
  • Hi,

Is this UM serups configured to work with Lync Server? in that case, Key mapping in AA is ment to transfer calls to the internal Extensions. It does not have the capability to transfer calls to PSTN. When you dial the Key, it check the extension associte with the key and transfer to Lync. If its unable to find the extension, it drops the call.

Thamara. 

Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:49 AM
  • Well that seems like a silly limitation.  How are others working around this?  There must be some way, maybe using Lync to forward the number out?
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:52 AM
  • It's not a limitation in UM. UM actually can do this with a IP Gareway with PSTN Connection. Having a seperate Dial Plan.

This si a limitation with Lync. But i can assist you with a workaround. Follow below steps.

1.Create a User in AD

2. Enable the user fro Lync with Enterprise Voice

3. Enable UM for that user and chane the Key mapping to transfer to the user.

4. Login from the user to Lync client. Make sure the call is getting transfer to the user from AA. set the call forwarding to the 1800xxxxxxx number and logout the user.

This will work. but only down side is that you need to create users and enable them for Lync and UM every time u have this requirement.

Thamara.

• Marked as answer by Wes Wes Wes Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:20 AM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:10 AM
  • Thanks Thamara.  I was trying to do this with a response group, but I can't seem to get the AA to transfer to the fake number I created for the response group.  Can I use a fake number such as +15555555555 for a regular user?

thanks!

Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:21 AM
  • as long as that number getting normalized inside Lync Dial Plan you should be able to.

Thamara.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:14 AM