Windows Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody this is my first time on this website, I'm not sure if this is how to ask a question so please advise if not. My laptop is about 7 years old, I've never had a problem getting updates from Microsoft automatically until recently. Now when I check for updates the update window is red and it says no updates and no update history, never for both. When I click on check for updates that thing keeps searching going side to side for hours finding nothing. I know very little about computers I'm sure it shows by my question. I go online everyday trying to find a solution with negative results, I've done everything MC has suggested and still nothing. Why would it be red where the check for updates window is located, plus say never to installing updates and no history? It's frustrating to say the least. I would appreciate any help at all, and if this is not the correct way to ask a question would someone explain it to me?

Thank You

steve              I did ask this same question with my iphone I thought it would have been on here, don't know why it isn't.

Sunday, August 14, 2016 9:09 PM