New install vista crashing & freezing? RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed Vista Home Premium 64 OEM SYstem Builders and it keeps crashing and freezing after about 3-4 minutes after pc powers on.
    How do you install Vista HPremium64 with the M2n-SLI Deluxe mobo?
    Mobo is XP, but 'supposedly' came with a vista driver upgrade disc, but didn't seem to fix it.
    I've tried downloading the updated drivers and such from usa.asus.com and that didn't fix it either...
    I've installed it on a new hard drive. so there shouldn't be anything conflicting with Vista OS.

mobo: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe
    cpu: Athlon 64 X2 5200+ ADA5200CSBOX Windsor 2.6GHz
    ram: ADQVE1B16K 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
    hdd: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB SATA
    opt.drv: LG GGC-H20L Blu-ray/HD reader; dvd burner

any ideas?

Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:06 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

This is a kernel mode crash issue. Generally it occurs when a driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Thank you for your time and cooperation!

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, May 12, 2008 5:53 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

This is a kernel mode crash issue. Generally it occurs when a driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Thank you for your time and cooperation!

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, May 12, 2008 5:53 AM
  • Where you able to get this resolved?  I have just about the same configuration?  My box locks up and locks up  - Thanks

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 4:29 PM
  • You know what I totally forgot how I got it running, but what I do remember doing was:

From another PC, I got all the Vista 64 drivers for all the hardware and software needed
    Then I re-formatted the main hard drive on a separate PC and did a new install of the Vista OS again and then installed all the drivers from the hardware and everything went smoothly from then on.

Hope that helps.
    Sorry it took so long to respond.

-Sehana-
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:48 AM