none
Managing events when I create a task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to launch some precesses when I create a task in the event "OnTaskCreated". This event is never launched and I don't understand why. Is possible that I'm using the incorrect events?

I have other events, for instance when I create an Enterprise Project, other event is launched and it works perfectly. 

Details: Project Server 2013, SharePoint 2013

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 3:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I haven't used personally that event, however, the events TaskCreated and TaskCreating are found under the Statusing, meaning they will be triggered when the tasks are created under the My Task/Timesheet areas.

Have you tried creating a new task under  these areas and see if your event is triggered?

Paul

Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:10 PM
  • Hi Paul,

thanks for your help, the events as you said are attached when I create a task in "My task/Timesheet" areas.

The original problem is that I need to manage the event in each Project site tasks list and with these types of events is not possible. Are there another events to manage the tasks creation?

I'm trying to do it from an Enterprise Project server. 

Regards,

Friday, February 27, 2015 10:42 AM
  • Hi,

One of the things you can do is to check the task (on the project site Task List) created and/or modified date and run your code. Maybe the project site task list check will be triggered by project publish event? Or if the actions that you require are not immediate, maybe you can have a job that runs on a regular basis to check for the latest created tasks? 

Paul

Friday, February 27, 2015 11:19 PM
  • Maybe you can add an Event Receiver to this task list, and this Event Receiver will be triggered by OnItemCreated. If task has been created , Event Receiver is triggered, then performance your code to launch precesses.
    Monday, March 2, 2015 6:57 AM
  • Hi Paul,

When you add a new task and publish the Project obviously the event "OnPublished" is launched, but you can publish the Project wihout to do any change in the task and the event would be launched.

I don't like the job option because you would need to check all tasks and all fields in the tasks to identify which has changed.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Thursday, March 5, 2015 4:44 PM
  • Hi Gavin,

I tried this option in the first time, but using an Enterprise Project SP Events are not launched when a task is added in the Project server guid, so I think that we need to use Project Server Events for this.

Regards,

Thursday, March 5, 2015 4:46 PM
  • I have similar requirement where I need to perfrom few checks when a task is added/deleted/updated in MPP or PWA. But none of the events (OnUpdating,OnActivityupgrading,OnUpdatingScheduledProject,

OnEntitiesDeleting) are fired in my code.

Any idea what the problem could be?

FYI, I am using Project Server 2016.

Regards

Agasthya

agasthya

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 4:59 AM