How to resolve Windows PowerShell ISE has stopped working in server 2008 r2 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have been installed latest windows power shell updates on my system. after installation when opening the windows command ISE not supporting .net frame work 4.0 issue showed. uninstalled the latest power shell updates version 5.0 on my system. after opening the windows power shell command ISE  showing Windows Power Shell ISE has stopped working issue. i am unable to open the windowspower shell command window. can please provide proper solution to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Regards

by

Narasimman

Friday, May 22, 2020 2:27 PM

All replies

• Hi SimhaVL, 

Since the issue is related to Windows PowerShell, I move the thread to the Windows PowerShell forum.

You will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your kind understanding.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, May 25, 2020 6:59 AM
  • Hi SimhaVL, 

lests start from the simple things: windows update, .net update to 4.7 or even 4.8 version, powershell 5.1 (5.0 is not the latest that can be installed on your server), antivirus check (in most cases os components working fine), sfc /scannow 

after each step shoud be performed restart

The opinion expressed by me is not an official position of Microsoft

• Proposed as answer by Vector BCO Monday, July 27, 2020 8:45 PM
    Monday, May 25, 2020 7:16 AM