none
TI timeout , while connecting to AS400 - tcp/ip;dpc RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a .net HostApplication project to connect to as400 using TCP/ip. I am using DPC to connect to the COBOL program.

I am successfully able to call the as400 program from biztalk using HIS, when the cobol program runs for less than 2 minutes.

If the cobol program runs above 2 minutes then I got below error on the biztalk side.

{"HISMDTT0006 The DPCTransport received a socket error while attempting to receive user data when processing method P4667. IP Address: xx.xxx.xxxxx.xxxx, port: 8475, program name: P4667, Error description: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."}

clientContext.ReceiveTimeout = 12001; clientContext.SendTimeout = 12001;
    <remoteEnvironment name="Distributed Program Call RE 1" isDefault="false" codePage="37"  timeout="920010" >

Though I set very high timeout values, still of no use.

My error matches below post::

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/94c345c2-2606-43c4-a583-5eb6e90ca637/biztalk-triggering-rpg-program-in-as400-biztalk-using-his?forum=biztalkhis

I already tried tweaking the “TcpTimedWaitDelay” , still no use.

StrictTimeWaitSeqCheck , TcpTimedWaitDelay  “TcpMaxDataRetransmissions= 5” “KeepAliveInterval= 1.

Steve Melan suggested to take Microsoft help, any suggestions before going to Microsoft for help??

vaibhav

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:52 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you already checked the AS400 TCP Timeout (Host Side) ?

In addition to the System Values, there are also some TCP/IP settings related with the connection timeouts.
    There are three different timeouts, one related with the TCP Protocol and the other two, related with the TELNET protocol:

• TCPKEEPALV: TCP Keep Alive.

• INACTTIMO and TIMMRKTIMO: TELNET inactivity Timeout. 

Best regards,

Steve Melan - BCEE My Blog : http://stevemelan.wordpress.com

Monday, April 3, 2017 8:42 PM