need help / error code 0x800106ba Please RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I go to my pc or click on Windows Defender I get an error message saying "Application fealed to initialize: 0x800106ba. A problem caused this program's service to stop. To start the service, restart your computer or search Help and Support for how to start a service manually."
    Help and Support offers no help with this error code. I did get it going once 3 days ago with an update but after I went out of the program and back into it the next day I got the same error code and it won't correct this time. What can I do to get my Windows Defender back up and keep this from happening again? I have Windows Vista Home Premium, SP 1.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

are you running any McAfee program?

See and follow carefully all this thread: Sticky: Windows Defender and McAfee

Hope this helps.

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Vincenzo Di Russo - Microsoft MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security - Since 2003. ~ My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:57 AM