UAG SP1 has broken RSA (IE only) RRS feed

• Question

• Since installing SP1, users are unable to set a PIN when initially logging into UAG. This worked before the server was patched to SP1.

After entering a PIN and clicking next the following error happens:

You have attempted to access a restricted URL. The URL contains an invalid path.

The server logs the following error:

A request from source IP address xx.xx.xx.xx, user on trunk ext; Secure=1 for application Portal of type Portal failed. The URL /SecureEXTPortalHomePage/ValidateContinue.asp contains an illegal path. The rule applied is Default rule. The method is POST.

Client is Windows 7 x86. On a 2008R2 server the page returns to the login but the PIN has not been set.

If I attempt to login with Safari, Chrome or Firefox it works prefect, it only doesn't work with IE.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am not sure what changed in order to cause this issue, but I think I can offer a quick remedy:

1.     Locate the file LoginContinue.asp in the …\von\InternalSite\ folder

2.     Make a backup copy of this file, in case you need to revert to it.

3.     Open the LoginContinue.asp file for editing, and search for the word “action”. You should find action=”ValidateContinue.asp”

4.     Change this to: action=”/InternalSite/ValidateContinue.asp”

5.     Save the file and test.

Note that, if you have an array of UAG servers, you will need to perform this change on each UAG server, as this change will not replicate automatically across the array.

HTH,

-Ran
    • Marked as answer by DM-UK Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:24 PM
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am not sure what changed in order to cause this issue, but I think I can offer a quick remedy:

1.     Locate the file LoginContinue.asp in the …\von\InternalSite\ folder

2.     Make a backup copy of this file, in case you need to revert to it.

3.     Open the LoginContinue.asp file for editing, and search for the word “action”. You should find action=”ValidateContinue.asp”

4.     Change this to: action=”/InternalSite/ValidateContinue.asp”

5.     Save the file and test.

Note that, if you have an array of UAG servers, you will need to perform this change on each UAG server, as this change will not replicate automatically across the array.

HTH,

-Ran
    • Marked as answer by DM-UK Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:24 PM
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:00 PM
  • That seems to have fixed the issue, the PIN is now set correctly and I can login with IE.

Thanks,

David

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:25 PM