none
DPM 2012 R2 - End-user recovery setup fails

Question

• Hello everyone,

I'm trying to configure End-User recover for my DPM 2012 R2 server (version: 4.2.1254.0).

I've given my admin account access to the Schema Admins group.

I get the same results when I run DPMADSchemaExtension from the DPM server or from one of my domain controllers:

dpmdsacl.exe has stopped working

I found an article in the forums, but I don't know if this solution still applies for DPM 2012 R2. If it does apply, is DPM 2012 SP1 still available for download? I can't find it in my Technet subscription.

I've attached some screenshots.

Thanks!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is a known problem - please see this forum post .

One workaround is to add the following registry entries.

=====on an elevated command prompt=================

reg.exe add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\StrongName\Verification\*,71e9bce111e9429c /f
    reg.exe add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\StrongName\Verification\*,71e9bce111e9429c /f
    reg.exe add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\StrongName\Verification\*,* /f
    reg.exe add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\StrongName\Verification\*,* /f

net stop msiserver

============================================

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is a known problem - please see this forum post .

One workaround is to add the following registry entries.

=====on an elevated command prompt=================

reg.exe add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\StrongName\Verification\*,71e9bce111e9429c /f
    reg.exe add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\StrongName\Verification\*,71e9bce111e9429c /f
    reg.exe add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\StrongName\Verification\*,* /f
    reg.exe add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\StrongName\Verification\*,* /f

net stop msiserver

============================================

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:53 PM
  • Mike,

Thanks for that link! I actually read that link (it was part of my initial message), but I never made it that far in the thread.

That seems to have fixed the issue, I'll just have to wait and see when the change takes place.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:47 PM