none
Unable to install MKL package RRS feed

• Question

• During the installation of Microsoft R Open 3.4.0, in the "Configure to installation" window, the checkbox MKL doesn't allowed me to check it. I already installed in this way to see what happens and MKL really didn't be installed.

Is there other way to install the MKL package? Or do something to fix it?

Friday, June 30, 2017 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Bruno,

This is not we have seen before that the MKL checkbox is disabled. It may run into an odd state. Can you try the following steps to see if it will get you out of that state?

1. Completely uninstall MRO
    2. From Command Prompt navigate to the installer exe and run ‘.\ROpenSetup.exe /cleanup’
    3. Run the installer again, see if the MKL box is available

If that doesn't work, please let me know, we may need to require logs from you for further debugging.

Regards,

Carl (from Microsoft R Team)

Friday, June 30, 2017 6:03 PM
  • Hi Carl,

First of all, thank you for your support. I followed all these steps and nothing changed. What kind of logs do you need?

Regards,

Bruno

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 11:49 AM
  • Hi Bruno,

Sorry to hear that. Can you use command line tool "cd %temp%", and search for file name contains "Microsoft_R"?

Regards,

Carl

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 10:38 PM
  • I have exactly the same issue. I have MRO-3.3.2 installed with MKL working correctly. Trying to install MRO-3.4.0 skips MKL - the option is greyed out, and after going through with the install MKL is missing. Uninstalliing old MRO and reinstall of MRO-3.4.0 doesn't help. BTW, what is ROpenSetup.exe? Is it microsoft-r-open-3.4.0.exe?
    Monday, August 14, 2017 2:49 PM