Shared Mailbox: Share Contacts Exchange 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Exchange 2013 and I've got several shared mailboxes setup. I've added contacts to those mailboxes. We are using Outlook 2013 and we can access the shared mailboxes just fine, but I don't know how to make the contacts show up in the Global Address List

This is the windows that opens when adding contacts to an email. The only way i can see the contacts is by going over to the People tab.

I've tried right-clicking the share contacts but it's grayed out for all my shared mailboxes.

What am i doing wrong? Thanks for any help!

Sunday, September 28, 2014 9:41 PM

All replies

• Can you put a print screen? much thanks.
    Sunday, September 28, 2014 10:39 PM
  • Same issue here.

It is possible to create contacts under a shared mailbox but the user cannot choose any addres because it is not shown as an address book

I had

• myownemail@domain.com
    • Contact
    • A own created list
    • Global Address List
    • All Address list
    • All contacts
    • All Groups
    • All Rooms
    • All Users
    • Public Folders

For a personal contactlist there is a tab 'Outlook Address Book' where i can choose "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book". This tab is not available for an shared mailbox contactlist.

It seems not possible at all, any information about this can not be found (at least not by me)

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 1:33 PM
  • I can only see my address book and contacts, nothing else from any of the shared mailboxes.

Thanks for your help!

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 6:00 PM
  • Hi ,

As per my knowledge i have provided some details please have a look.

I hope i am not mistaken ,If you wanted to have a mail enabled contact to show up on outlook address book ,then you should have to create a mail enabled contact in exchange server level and it should not be in a shared mailbox.

In outlook we can create contacts locally and it will not be visible in exchange global address list.

Please reply me if you have any queries .

Regards

S.Nithyanandham

Thanks S.Nithyanandham

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 6:47 PM
  • I see, my problem is that i want to have an address list/book for each department and the ultimate need is to give users the ability to update/modify their lists. I do not want to be managing all the changes and updates.
    Saturday, October 11, 2014 3:12 PM
  • I finally understand!!! after 4 months of head scratching. Thanks a lot everyone!
    Thursday, December 4, 2014 4:03 PM