Apps not working in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 when 10 first came out and have been using quite happily until about 3 weeks ago.  First the Start Menu disappeared and was replaced by something called Pokki Menu.  At the same time the Windows icon (bottom left of task bar) stopped working to bring up the tiles of the preinstalled apps such as facebook, money etc. etc.  Also the icon for Microsoft Edge which I had put on the task bar became invisible.  

Then I noticed that the photos default program was incredibly slow to open from Windows Explorer (eg ifyou want to open a picture or do anything at all with an image).

A week or so later my Start Menu came back partially - but without all the favourites I had selected.  These days it's very slow to open but does just about work.

I have changed the default picture software to a Arcsoft and this seems to have resolved the slow opening picture issue.

However I can't find anyway of opening Facebook or Money (the two apps I use regularly) although they come up when I use the taskbar "Search the web and windows" search feature.

In short it seems that I can't access any apps, or the app store.

I'd appreciate some help please.  And by the way, nothing too technical!

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 1:58 PM

Answers

All replies