my headset will not work on windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• my headset will not work on windows 10. my headsets mic some how does not work the only way people can hear me on skype/games is through my laptop mic. i dont know how to fix this and i have ran through the troubleshooting things.

http://prntscr.com/7zuutt

that is a pic of all the devises my comp picks up. and every time i talk it only pics up my voice through my laptop mic. i do not know how to add my headset to this and i need help if i can. i use a turtle beach earforce x12. 

Sunday, August 2, 2015 5:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, this issue might be caused by drivers. Please contact the manufacturer's to see if the latest driver is compatible with Windows 10.

If not, I suggest you find the driver for Windows 8.1 /8 and install it in compatible mode in Windows 10 to see what's going on.

Also, post back the C:\Windows\Inf\setupapi.dev.log and event log you can find in event viewer related to this issue here for our research.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 6:07 AM

All replies

• Did you try re-installing the driver?

Did you make sure the correct device is selected in Skype?

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Sunday, August 2, 2015 3:47 PM
  • Hi,

According to your post, this issue might be caused by drivers. Please contact the manufacturer's to see if the latest driver is compatible with Windows 10.

If not, I suggest you find the driver for Windows 8.1 /8 and install it in compatible mode in Windows 10 to see what's going on.

Also, post back the C:\Windows\Inf\setupapi.dev.log and event log you can find in event viewer related to this issue here for our research.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 6:07 AM
  • same problem for me. I know how it is started when i get my new laptop and i plugged in my headset a dialog box was appeared and it asked whether my device is "headphone" or "headset" i chosed head phone unkowningly and also i check the box "don't show me again" so my laptop interpeted my head set as headphone and it automatically uses mic in mylaptop and speakers of myheadset ant the mic of headset.

"I ensured my devices has no problem"

Reference:-headphone means which has only speakers

head set means which has speakers and mic

Kindly help me with this

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 1:55 PM
  • at last i found the way !!!!!. juz got control panel>hd audio manager>right click top right corner below anolog and choose"connectors retasking" and choose head set 

every thing solved

i think this will be helpfull

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 2:28 PM
  • at last i found the way !!!!!. juz got control panel>hd audio manager>right click top right corner below anolog and choose"connectors retasking" and choose head set 

every thing solved

i think this will be helpfull

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 2:28 PM
  • Simply, Please Update your Drivers.
    Thursday, December 27, 2018 5:39 AM