Client side not receiving updates, RRS feed

• Question

• About two weeks ago when I first took over this SCCM2012 I had it working fine on day two however that evening something happened to the server and it forced a reboot. Since this occurred I have fought a never ending battle with bringing her back online especially on the client side.

When I use WSUS I can clearly see that she get's updates therefore I know she is configured correctly in that area to work as far as updates IF I were using only WSUS.

When I open the client tool on the client side SCCM I also get no errors and if I refresh I get no errors therefore I know she sees the SCCM server. However no matter what I do beyond this I cannot get the clients to retrieve updates or even see them as available.

Being bald already this leaves me very little room to pull out hair.. Now there are 0 error logs on either end. Everything SEEMS to be configured properly BUT I know IF this were the case I would NOT be posting this message..

Thanks in advance,

Daryl Craft

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 5:12 PM

Answers

• Just FYI people in case you have this same issue there is no need for a directly related GPO to the SCCM. The issue turned out to be that when I removed the WSUS GPO all together and simply ran my base GPO Policies Globally all SCCM Clients started receiving updates.

So if you think it is a client or server side issue make sure you verify that you are not trying to directly correlate a GPO to WSUS this will cause SCCM2012 to become confused..

Daryl Craft

• Marked as answer by Daryl Craft Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:14 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:14 PM

All replies

• When I use WSUS I can clearly see that she get's updates therefore I know she is configured correctly in that area to work as far as updates IF I were using only WSUS.

Are you using WSUS or are you using ConfigMgr for updates? On the client side, what info does WUAHandler.log have in it? Do you a policy set that may be causing the clients to look to another server for updates?

-Nick O.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 5:21 PM
  • Just FYI people in case you have this same issue there is no need for a directly related GPO to the SCCM. The issue turned out to be that when I removed the WSUS GPO all together and simply ran my base GPO Policies Globally all SCCM Clients started receiving updates.

So if you think it is a client or server side issue make sure you verify that you are not trying to directly correlate a GPO to WSUS this will cause SCCM2012 to become confused..

Daryl Craft

• Marked as answer by Daryl Craft Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:14 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:14 PM