Lync 2013 and Office Web Apps PowerPoint presentation sharing (missing VBA) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have set up a Lync 2013 server and an Office Web Apps server. I am trying to share a PowerPoint presentation between Lync clients. Both clients have installed Office 365 and VBA is present in PowerPoint. However when i try to share a presentation i get the following error message:

""name.pptx" couldn't be converted to presentation because Visual Basic for Application (VBA) is not installed on this computer. Please install VBA and try again"

If anyone could help resolve this problem it would be very much appreciated.

Additional info:

I have a 1 month free subscription to Office 365 Home Premium. When I click change on the Office client in Add or Remove Programs the only choices I get are "Fast repair" and "Online Repair". If I click change on the LYNC client I get to add features, and the Visual Basic for Application IS installed according to the installation options there.

Regards

Sverre A. Veel

Monday, March 4, 2013 1:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can try to reinstall VBA for Office.

http://www.excel-vba.com/vba-excel-install.htm

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Monday, March 11, 2013 9:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:03 AM
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 3:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can try to reinstall VBA for Office.

http://www.excel-vba.com/vba-excel-install.htm

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Monday, March 11, 2013 9:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:03 AM
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 3:47 AM
  • We have exactly the same Problem, does anybody found a solution for this?

regards

Armin

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:32 PM
  • This isn't working for Office 2013 Home and Business, because you could not reinstall VBA (only repair) and a reinstall of vba in Lync doesn't help. any idea?
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:34 PM