Timer Service error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

my sharepoint 2007 has problem with timer service

when i stop & start "Windows SharePoint Services Timer" throw error

"OWSTIMER.EXE  Windows SharePoint Services   Timer    Unexpected The timer service could not initialize its configuration, please check the configuration database.  Will retry later"  

Have you ever got problem same?

pls help me

aorvi

Friday, May 10, 2013 7:52 AM

Answers

• I fixed this problem

when I ran SPConfigUI error.

It could not detect server in farm.

I disconnect Farm & ReConnect by SPconfigUI

Result: xlm file in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\<GUID> were generated & value in Cache.init changed

aorvi

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

See below link to fix the issue

http://soerennielsen.wordpress.com/2009/01/14/fixing-the-timer-service-when-everything-breaks-down/

Let us know your result

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

Friday, May 10, 2013 8:48 AM
  • Can you check whether you are able to connect to database server. Try a UDL test from your sharepoint server to the database. Also check eventviewer in the sharepoint server and you can see more error messages/information which can help you to quickly resolve the issue.

Arun Prakash

Friday, May 10, 2013 8:50 AM
  • I test connect from sharepoint server to the database is ok

aorvi

Sunday, May 12, 2013 4:55 AM
  • I clear the config cache like below link

http://soerennielsen.wordpress.com/2009/01/14/fixing-the-timer-service-when-everything-breaks-down/

Result: file Cache.ini 's content not updated new value, xml files not generated and not exception in fuslogview

Timer still throw error " The timer service could not initialize its configuration, please check the configuration database.  Will retry later"

--

Other link about this issue:

http://www.dotnetscraps.com/dotnetscraps/post/Troubleshooting-SharePoint-2007-Cache.aspx

I ran SPconfigUI. Error: 

Log PSconfig

Resource retrieved id FarmIsJoinedFailureWhileUsingUICanOnlyDisconnect is Failed to detect if this server is joined to a server farm.  Possible reasons for this failure could be that you no longer have the appropriate permissions to the server farm, the database server hosting the server farm is unresponsive, the configuration database is inaccessible or this server has been removed from the server farm.  To diagnose this problem further, review the extended error information located at {0}.  If this problem persists, choose to disconnect from the server farm.  After disconnecting, run the wizard again to create or connect to an existing server farm.

any solution or suggestion for this problem?

Thanks

• Edited by aorvi Monday, May 13, 2013 4:55 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 2:05 AM
  • I fixed this problem

when I ran SPConfigUI error.

It could not detect server in farm.

I disconnect Farm & ReConnect by SPconfigUI

Result: xlm file in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\<GUID> were generated & value in Cache.init changed

aorvi

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:49 AM